This is a roundup of announcements related to people moves and business expansions in travel in May 2018.
Wednesday 16 May 2018
B2C shake-up at dnata Travel Europe
- dnata Travel, part of Emirates Group, has a new boss for its consumer-facing brands in Europe which includes OTAs Travel Republic and Netflights. John Bevan, who is currently in charge of dnata’s B2B travel operations in Europe, is now overseeing the B2C business as well, taking over from Andy Washington. Washington joined dnata from Expedia late 2016 where he was MD for Northern Europe and for ebookers in EMEA.
Tuesday 15 May 2018
Expedia vet replaces Mooney at Hostelworld
- Gary Morrison, currently head of retail operations for Brand Expedia Group, is taking over as the new CEO for Hostelworld. He replaces Feargal Mooney, who will step down after Hostelworld’s AGM in July. Morrison has spent the past seven years at Expedia, with his CV also featuring stints at Google, Motorola and Dell. Mooney has been with Hostelworld for sixteen years and held the CEO role for the past eight years where he oversaw its IPO in 2015.
Thursday 10 May, 2018
Collinson appoints Caris
- The loyalty and benefits specialist has recruited Paul Caris as chief information officer. Caris has spent the past three years running a technology consultancy.
Wednesday 9 May, 2018
CWT checks in Staehler
- The travel management company has appointed Jack Staehler as chief technology officer of RoomIt, its hotel distribution division. Staehler, who will be based in Chicago, has previously held senior technology roles with a number of companies including Cendant Travel and Orbitz.
Tuesday 8 May, 2018
Agoda promotes from within
- Booking Holdings has promoted John Brown to CEO of Agoda. Brown has been COO of the Asia-based travel business since 2014. Agoda current CEO Robert Rosenstein becomes chairman as well as special advisor to Booking Holdings boss Glenn Fogel.
Thursday 3 May, 2018
Hotelbeds Group names Director of Technology
- Chris Branagan becomes the Director of Technology for HotelBeds Group and gets a seat on the group’s executive committee. He was formerly the CTO for GTA and his appointment follows a number of other senior appointments across the group announced in January as part of new structure for the bedbank. Today’s release also said that “all of [the group’s] bedbank brands – Hotelbeds, Bedsonline, Tourico Holidays, and GTA – will…be transitioned onto the same technology platform by the close of this year.”
Wednesday 2 May, 2018
Chrome River appoints CTO
- Sunil Kayiti joins the travel expense specialist as chief technology officer and will lead a team of more than 100 engineers. Kayiti previously held roles with Eze Software Group and Fidelity.
Musement boosts US team
- The Italy-based travel discovery platform has recruited Taylor Withrington as account director for the west coast. She will help build new supplier relationships as wells as strengthen existing partnerships. Withrington previously held roles for Viator and more recently aRes Travel.
Powered by WPeMatico