This is a roundup of announcements related to people moves and business expansions in travel in October 2018
Wednesday 10 October
New EVP for Amadeus‘ corporate travel unit
- Amadeus has named Ángel Gallego executive vice president of the Corporations segment in Travel Channels, tasked with “helping corporations around the globe power smarter business travel”. Gallego has some 15 years experience with Amadeus across different geographies, including president of APAC, VP of distribution in WEMEA and director of Latin America. His CV also includes advisory and board member roles in travel and other verticals including biotech, energy and fashion.
Monday 8 October
Bidroom‘s new exec line-up
- Members-only hotel booking platform Bidroom has added to its executive board. Cofounder Michael Ros becomes COO, with Bas Tolmeijer brought in as CEO. Francesco Monaco joins as CCO while John Stoffers is named CFO. Bidroom’s other cofounder Casper Knieriem remains as chief development officer.
- CORRECTED: The tours and activities platform has added Sharon McCollam to its board and not appointed her as CFO as previously stated. Current CFO Josef Gatzek remains in place.The release describes her as “a veteran of several publicly traded companies” and her CV includes senior positions in consumer electronics at BestBuy, kitchenware and home furnishings at Williams-Sonoma and fruit and veg with Dole.
Wednesday 3 October
Uber nabs another EXPE vet
- Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi has persuaded another senior exec from Expedia to join the business, with Nikki Krishnamurthy reportedly taking over as head of HR for Uber, leaving her Expedia role as chief people officer. Khosrowshahi gave up his position as CEO for Expedia to join Uber in August 2017.
Monday 1 October
Netflights new boss
- Andrew Shelton, who left his role as managing director for Cheapflights after its sale to Booking Holdings (Priceline Group as was), has taken on the same position heading up Netflights.com. The B2C comparison site is part of dnata, the wholly owned B2B/B2C travel unit of Emirates Group. Shelton reports in to dnata Travel Europe chief exec John Bevan.
WizzAir adds digital experience to its non-exec board
- Low-cost carrier WizzAir has named Maria Kyriacou as an independent non-executive director. She is currently president of international at ITV Studios, part of media giant ITV plc, where she oversees its production companies across Europe, Australia and the US, as well as its international distribution arm. WizzAir chairman William Franke noted her experience of “leading a business in a sector that has seen a significant digital shift and which has been at the sharp end of changing customer tastes and the emergence of major digital outlets”. He framed her appointment around WizzAir’s “moves into the next phase of its digital development” following the appointment of Joel Goldberg as its first ever CDO.
Powered by WPeMatico