This is a roundup for product news and announcements for travel marketing in tourism and hospitality for December 2016.
Thursday 8 December 2016:
- The deal marks the first for an Australian airline to work with the merchandising platform, specifically the RouteHappy Hub service. The agreement allows Qantas to manage and distribute rich content to intermediaries via search results. These include aircraft type, cabin stle, airport, route and fare, displayed through headlines, photos, captions, videos and descriptions.
Wednesday 7 December 2016:
Foursquare photos are appearing in Airbnb Guidebooks on its app following a licensing agreement between the two companies. The peer-to-peer accommodation platform recently updated its app with Trips and Guidebooks and is incorporating images from the Foursquare community.
- FlyDubai is working with SDL to provide multilingual content across its websites. The carrier will use SDL Web and work with digital agency Indivirtual Dubai on websites which are optimised for mobile and can be personalised to customers based on location.
Monday 5 December 2016:
- The UK’s tourism marketing organisation will work with Alitrip (Alibaba’s travel division, now known as Fliggy) and Hainan Airlines on a series of projects to attract more Chinese visitors to the country. A “virtual British marketplace” will be created on Fliggy to showcase destinations and experiences.
Thursday 1 December 2016:
Expedia joins Alexa craze
- The online travel agency is using Amazon’s Alexa-enabled device Echo so that travellers can ask questions regarding a hotel booking, flight status, loyalty points and car hire reservations. Other Alexa-powered products with the same functionality include the Echo Dot and Amazon Fire TV.
Ixigo nabs more one-click airlines
- Musafir, Kiwi and Spicejet will distribute their flights through the trael search engine’s desktop and mobile services, using the one-click tool (Instant Booking-esque) for customers. The trio join the likes of Jet Airways, Lufthansa and Emirates on the portfolio of carriers allowing Ixigo to handle bookings.
- The Latin and South American carrier group will use EveryMindo’s AirTRFX platform to push its product inventory into online search results. The tool will be used for the US-facing editions of its website, covering English, Spanish and Portuguese.
NB: Travel marketing image via Shutterstock.
Powered by WPeMatico