For our upcoming summer vacation to Europe, I have a two-day stop planned in Munich, Germany. We’ll spend part of our quick stop touring the city itself, and the rest taking our two kids to see the sights and castles in Bavaria.
While I booked rental condos in other destinations, Munich is one city where I plan to rent a hotel. And since my brother is coming with us – making us a party of 5 – I actually need to book two hotel rooms.
Fortunately, points options abound in and around Munich. There are plenty of rental condos to book, but also the huge hotel chains represented, too.
Here are some of your hotel options in Munich, along with the hotel credit cards that can get you there:
Hotels You Can Book with the IHG Rewards Select Credit Card:
- Holiday Inn, Munich City Center: 35,000 points per night
- Holiday Inn Express, Munich City West: 20,000 points per night
- Holiday Inn, Munich – Unterhaching: 25,000 points per night
Hotels You Can Book with the Starwood Preferred Guest credit card from American Express:
- Aloft Munich: 10,000 points per night
- Le Meridien Munich: 12,000 – 16,000 points per night
- Four Points by Sheraton Munich Central: 10,000 points per night
- Sheraton Munich Westpark Hotel: 10,000 points per night
- The Westin Grand Munich: 10,000 points per night
- Sheraton Munich Arabellapark Hotel: 10,000 points per night
Hotels You Can Book with the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card:
- Courtyard Munich City Center: 35,000 points per night
- Residence Inn Munich City East: 30,000 points per night
- Munich Marriott Hotel: 40,000 points per night
- MOXY Munich Airport: 20,000 points per night
- Munich Airport Marriott Hotel: 30,000 points per night
Hotels You Can Book with the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card or Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card:
- Hilton Munich City: 50,000 Hilton HHonors points per night
- Hilton Munich Park: 50,000 Hilton HHonors points per night
- Hilton Munich Airport: 60,000 Hilton HHonors points per night
Hotels You Can Book with the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card:
- Park Inn by Radisson Munich: 38,000 points per night
- Park Inn by Radison – Munich East: 38,000 points per night
Obviously, there is more than one to book a free stay with any of these properties. Beyond co-branded hotel credit cards, there are flexible credit cards that offer flexible travel credit or points you can use to book any type of travel.
||Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®
$0 first year
$89 after first year
|50,000 bonus miles
When you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
Read Review »
Already have this card? Track it and maximize your rewards.
|Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®|
Add to Favorites
|Read the FTG Review »|
With the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard, for example, you earn travel credit you can use to book any hotel or flight regardless of the vendor or award availability. And even with the popular Chase Sapphire Preferred card, you can transfer your points to popular hotel programs or use them to book travel directly with a 20 percent discount through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
The Bottom Line
There are plenty of points hotels in and around Munich, and even more if you’re willing to stay outside of the city. And that’s what makes this hobby great; with more cards and more options, there are more ways than ever to see the world at prices we can afford.
Have you ever stayed in Munich, Germany with credit card rewards? Where did you stay?
Powered by WPeMatico