This is a roundup for product news and announcements for MARKETING in travel, tourism and hospitality for November 2016.
Tuesday 29 November 2016:
Expedia gets arty on Stockholm metro
- The online travel agency has created a promotion so that potential visitors to the city can browse around one of its latest attractions through virtual reality. The Swedish capital has recently decorated 90 of its 100 stations with displays from various artists.
Thursday 24 November 2016:
TrustYou upgrades Meta Review
- The guest feedback platform has updated its core product with a function that automatically generates natural sentences for hotel reviews in 30 languages. Other new features include badges for hotel rankings.
Tuesday 15 November 2016:
- The Australia and New Zealand-focused online travel agency will use RouteHappy to display airline content in flight search results. The platform shows photos, text, videos, seat layouts, and scores for entertainment provision, wifi and food.
Thursday 10 November 2016:
TrustYou expands Connect platform
- Leonardo and Milestone Internet Marketing are two of the early customers for the upgraded platform, allowing them to integrate summarised guest reviews on their hotel customer websites. Reviews also appear on Google, Kayak, Skyscanner and Hotels.com.
Friday 4 November 2016:
- The chain of US-based properties (in locations such as Washington DC and Chicago) will use TrustYou’s Analytics & Radar platform to help capture feedback from guests throughout their stay. The results also feed into TrustYou’s Meta-Reviews which are displayed on sites such as Google, Kayak and Hotels.com.
Tuesday 1 November 2016:
Turkish Airlines enlists social media star
- Zach King is fronting the new in-flight safety video for the airline, using his digital slight of hand techniques to illustrate various aspects of the traditional pre-departure briefing. The clip has attracted 70,000 views on YouTube in less than 24 hours.
PitchUp gets a bigger tent
- The outdoor accommodation specialist has added five new countries – Australia, Greece, Canada, Botswana and Lithuania – to its country list. Some 2,400 sites and locations in 32 countries around the world are now available.
NB: Travel distribution image via Shutterstock.
Powered by WPeMatico