This is a roundup for product news and announcements for travel devices in tourism and hospitality for December 2016.
Friday 16 December 2016:
4,800 Echo devices in Vegas
- The Wynn Las Vegas in the US city will place Echo consoles in every one of its hotel rooms, giving guests the chance to control the room’s features and find information abut the property and local area. The installation is expected to take until the summer of 2017 to complete.
Wednesday 14 December 2016:
Priceline deals with the road
- Road Deals is a new feature on Priceline’s app for Apple devices, giving users the ability to locate deals during a road trip, in real-time. The app also lets users set preferences based on budget and star-level, receive hotel recommendations, and book same-day accommodations en route to their final destination.
Skyroam retails wifi connections
- The global wifi provider has installed vending at some of the US’s busiest airports so that passengers can buy pre-paid wifi services in over 100 countries before they fly. The booths will be available at airports in San Francisco, Las Vegas and Houston.
Friday 9 December 2016:
- The regional airline, operating under the United Express brand, will use IBM’s The Weather Company to help with its real-time global tracking and dispatch services. The Prediction Airport Analytics platform will also be included in the agreement, giving the carrier forecasting and management of disruption and other operational issues.
Thursday 6 December 2016:
ATPI upgrades mobile app
- The travel management company has a new version of its ATPI On-The-Go mobile app, including the ability to sync traveller profiles on trips across external systems. Other features are mobile wallter tools, local information and push notifications for when flights are delayed or cancelled.
Thursday 1 December 2016:
- Owners of the Samsung Gear G3 smartwatch will have content from the destination guide publisher included as standard on the device. The app will initially include content from 50 cities around the world but also services that use the GPS settings on the device, such as places of interest and lists of top attractions to visit.
- The Kube Audio Clock for guestrooms and Kube 5 portable charging system for public areas in hotels will be available to Guest Supply customers. The hotel technology company has more than 25,000 properties on its books.
NB: Travel devices image via Shutterstock.
Powered by WPeMatico