This is a roundup for product news and announcements for travel people moves in tourism and hospitality for December 2016.
Thursday 8 December 2016:
Blacklane recruits COO and CFO
- Ralf Echtler will take on the dual role of chief operating officer and chief financial officer will the professional driver service. A former-member of the company’s board of advisors, as part of its investment from Daimler Financial Services unit, Ride4Hire, Echtler spent 11 years with the car manufacturer in both the US and Asia. The roles were previously held by Christoph Holle.
Wednesday 7 December 2016:
KDS new boss as CEO leaves
- Dean Forbes is leaving the corporate travel technology provider to “pursue other interests”, five months after selling the company to American Express Global Business Travel. He will be replaced by Roxana Bressy who steps up from her role as chief financial officer and executive vice president of business operations at KDS. Olivier Quayle, previously senior vice president of products, partners and marketing at KDS, has also got a new role as vice president of product marketing and innovation for both KDS and Amex GBT.
Friday 2 December 2016:
- Traci Mercer becomes Sabre’s senior vice president hotel, car, cruise and rail, having joined from Hootsuite Media in Canada. She was with Expedia in a variety of roles from 2003 to 2014, plus had three years with Hilton and two with Red Carnation.
JacTravel secures new tech boss
- The hotel wholesaler has Francesco de Marchis in its ranks as chief technology officer, reporting to CEO Terry Williamson. He was in the same position at Lowcost Travel Group until its demise in the summer of 2016, with earlier tech roles at the likes of Play.com, Orbitz and VivaStreet.
Thursday 1 December 2016:
Expedia gets a new VP
- Mark Morrison becomes vice president for owner strategy and services for Expedia Inc, where he will be responsible for hotels and management companies. He left Hilton in March this year after an eight-year stint as vice president of corporate strategy. He has previously worked for Bain, Silicon Valley Bank and Tishman.
Datalex sales chief for Americas
- The Ireland-based travel digital commerce provider has Jonathan Sutter joining from Ricondo Associates as its new vice president of sales in the Americas region. Sutter worked for Travelport between March 2011 and January this year, as well as previously having roles at America West Airlines and Delta.
NB: Travel people moves image via Shutterstock.
Powered by WPeMatico